Monday, March 15, 2010

Progress

So today I got back my latest Japanese exam, 76% overall.  Not too bad.  What does rock though is the 22.9% out of 25% for speaking!  I may survive a year abroad yet :D  There is progress happening, this is good.

Ever wonder what you could do if. . .

Yesterday I contemplated what I could do if I had a ZPM.  Basically, unlimited energy.  So long as I had it, I could essentially create all sorts of technology or even just build me a house with no energy concerns.  I could be crazy and use the finances from the inventions to build an entire city state.  It would be awesome.  Modifying objects would take a while; it would so be worth it.  Build a portable unit for the ZPM that allows the object ti interface with it for energy consumption.  So if I could mod a car to use energy from a ZPM it would, in theory, never run out of gas (so to speak) and never need to stop. 
If I could use it as a power source that is stationary, I could build a lab that had no power restrictions, or a research hospital.  The progress that could be made in science or medicine.  Even if I couldn't recreate the ZPM, I would be able to power a lot of stuff.  It would be legend . . . dary (HIMYM reference for the win).

And for those that don't know: A Zero Point Module is a piece of technology from the Stargate universe that is essentially never ending self contained power unit about the approximate size of a medium video recording camera.

And now I pose a question: what would you do if you had an unlimited energy source? (World Domination is not an option)


or/and


What else should I ponder 'what if...' about?

Clandestine (ADJ)
characterized by, done in, or executed with secrecy or concealment, esp. for purposes of subversion or deception; private or surreptitious

No comments:

Post a Comment